Friday, January 7, 2011

Cow Love


This picture I found online and I now have it as my background on my laptop. I love this picture, the emotion and connection it shows between this mother and her baby. The tags on the ears make me sad. They make me realize that these two loving creatures are possibly not with us anymore. I love animals and I don't want to kill them...directly or indirectly.

Earlier in the week while reading The Kind Diet by Alicia Silverstone I reached the part about Nasty Food (i.e. meat, dairy, white sugar & processed foods). I really didn't know it would have the impact that it had on me. Well the first two (meat & dairy) anyway. It was right there that I totally lost the desire to ever eat another hamburger, steak, veal chop, ice cream, or drink another glass of milk. I'll skip the gory details, you can read the book if want them. And I highly recommend doing so if are an animal lover and/or you've *ever* even been on the fence about giving up meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment