Saturday, February 19, 2011

Comfort Food

So it's been 50 days since I've eaten any meat. I'm feeling a little blah the last couple of days and have been wanting some comfort food. I realized today that other than mashed potatoes and mac 'n cheese and ice cream, most of my so-called comfort food in the past has been meat...a big juicy cheeseburger, a grilled steak, or a roasted chicken (usually grab 'n go from the grocery store). And to make matters worse...I don't feel like cooking.

Today, as I headed to Whole Foods, I found myself thinking about roasted chicken (arg!)...and I have, over the last couple of weeks, been thinking about the foods that I would possibly never eat again if I choose to stay on my current path. And it makes me sad. And I think this is where I need to revisit my reasons for choosing this path. I don't want to just give up because...I'll miss the occasional roasted chicken. I know that I can sometimes lose sight of my vision and I don't want to do that here. I know that I can get lazy with my eating habits and I don't want to do that either. So I'm glad that I have this awareness right now so that I don't abandon myself in this journey. Instead...tonight I am making myself marinated and grilled portobello mushroom on a bed of mixed greens and garlic & scallion smashed redskin potatoes. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment