Monday, January 10, 2011

Comfort Food




The documentaries, Forks Over Knives and Food Inc., and the book, The Kind Diet by Alicia Silverstone, have each made a significant impact on my thoughts about food over the past year. Having earned by associates degree in nutrition in 2004, I was already aware that the foods we eat impacted us more than most people really understood, or were willing to understand or to change...myself included. I have a tendency, as most probably do, to like to be comfortable and eating how we've always eaten is comfortable. Unfortunately, eating what is comfortable and turning a blind eye to the truth about how these foods truly impact our heath in the long term, is not the best way that we can care for ourselves. So my hope is that by making healthier choices now, I can live a fuller, healthier, and more energetic life. And if I can encourage one person to change their thoughts about the foods they eat, I'll be thrilled.







No comments:

Post a Comment