Saturday, January 15, 2011

Leading by Example


Sometimes those bigger tasks like achieving world peace and saving the environment seem so impossible that we tend to throw our hands up in the air and say "what's the use!" But I think one important thing to keep in mind is that in order to achieve anything, including these enormous tasks, you only need to take one small step and if we keep taking those steps, we can achieve anything.

So, why am I saying this in my blog about becoming vegetarian? Well, part of my reason for becoming a vegetarian is to not only heal my body but to also heal the planet. And when I say I want to heal the planet, what I want is not only to improve the environment but also I want world peace. Well obviously we all do, and obviously, I cannot do that by myself and so all these years I've just thrown my hands in the air and said "what's the use!" But now, I have finally decided to do my part and to, as Gandhi said, be the change that I wish to see in the world, and my hope is that my actions motivate someone else and so on and so on. Let's all be the change...peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment